What to Expect
Who We Are
At Elmore Chiropractic, Dr. Elmore is dedicated to delivering high-quality chiropractic care to the Greenville community. Dr. Elmore’s approach is straightforward: he values your health as your most crucial possession. Although individuals typically seek out Elmore Chiropractic when they have already experienced health issues, his dedication encompasses both relief care and wellness care.
Which Road Will You Take?
A significant number of patients first visit Elmore Chiropractic with a singular objective – finding relief from their pain, and this is where Dr. Elmore begins. In this initial phase of comprehensive care, he carries out a range of responsibilities:
- Determine the root cause of the health issue.
- Devise a treatment plan aimed at achieving optimal results.
- Present opportunities for patient involvement in their own recovery.
- Highlight the importance of post-symptomatic wellness care.
As we consider your well-being to be of paramount importance, we actively promote the attainment of optimal health for each patient. We strive to impart the significance of continuous chiropractic care through educational opportunities. Our ultimate aim is to witness our patients transition from the prevailing reactive care model to a proactive model of wellness care. In simpler terms, maintaining good health is more convenient than restoring it.
- Encouraging the pursuit of optimal health.
- Providing educational resources to convey the benefits of ongoing chiropractic care.
- Promoting the shift from reactive to proactive wellness care.
- Respecting your autonomy in making decisions about your health and well-being.
What to expect
First Visit: Consultation
During the consultation Dr. Elmore will obtain your health history and background information through the intake form that you will fill out prior to the visit:
- Dr. Elmore conducts a comprehensive evaluation, which includes a spinal palpation exam, posture exam, muscle testing, and appropriate orthopedic tests
- The initial visit concludes with the acquisition of necessary X-rays to formulate a personalized care plan.
- Generally, there will be no adjustment provided on the same day as the first visit.
- The duration of the visit typically lasts around 1 hour
Second Visit: Detailed Findings
During the second visit, Dr. Elmore will go over your report of findings and then discuss with you an appropriate course of care:
- A personalized plan is formulated.
- The first adjustment is administered during this visit.
- If you’re new to chiropractic adjustments, Dr. Elmore will demonstrate and explain the techniques used.
- This visit has a duration of approximately 30 minutes
"All body systems would be immobilized without the nervous system. It controls and regulates every body activity down to the workings of the tiniest cell."
World Book Encyclopedia of Science
Positively Outrageous Service
Dr. Elmore knows that a friendly and caring approach is the secret to success. When you visit, he’ll always greet you by name. He values your time and ensures you won’t wait long for your appointment. Most importantly, he wants you to fully grasp your health concerns and the available solutions. Don’t hesitate to ask any questions about your care – he’s here to explain everything.
Dr. Elmore is unwavering in his commitment to treating every individual with the utmost respect and care.
Consideration is at the core of Dr. Elmore’s practice, as he takes into account each patient’s unique needs and concerns.
Dr. Elmore is known for his thoughtfulness, always mindful of your time, concerns, and the best solutions for your health.
Unlocking the Secrets of Subluxation
Subluxation occurs when spinal vertebrae or bones in the extremities misalign and become fixed, obstructing nerve flow along the spinal cord, nerve roots, and peripheral branches. This can result in disc degeneration, bone spurs, and changes in the surrounding muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
Subluxation is the result of a misalignment in the small joints and spinal discs that connect the bones in your spine. This misalignment causes the spinal bones to shift out of their proper alignment and become fixed in this incorrect position.
- Diagnosis and Assessment: Chiropractors diagnose subluxation by evaluating the spine for misalignments.
- X-ray Analysis: X-rays are used to measure the extent of subluxation and assess related damage.
- Customized Correction: A personalized correction plan is recommended, involving a series of spinal adjustments, specific exercises, and ergonomic/lifestyle changes.
- Varied Symptoms: While some may experience neck or back pain, most subluxation cases are symptom-free.
- Silent Progression: Subluxation can silently disrupt nerve flow and adversely affect various body functions.
- Nervous System Connection: Many overlook subluxation as a cause of decreased function due to a lack of understanding of the spine’s impact on overall body function through the nervous system.